This year we have some great volunteers organized by Val Cooley and Abril Navarro López who are running a CARNIVAL-STYLE night with games and prizes. Games start at 6:00 . We encourage all TEACHERS, FAMILIES and COMMUNITY MEMBERS TO ATTEND. We can go out with a BANG! THE FINAL ROCKET LAUNCH (OR "SHOOTING STAR") will happen at the end of the picnic.
Some things you should know about the evening are listed below.
- This is a Picnic.
- Bring your family's meal, a blanket or chairs, and a dessert to share.
- PGG will provide Drinks, paper goods and flat ware.
- Also bring your Year Book to get signatures. (ALL CHILDREN RECEIVED A FREE BOOK TODAY put their names in the books)
- Amherstopoly will be sold (discounted price of $20) to raise money that will go towards making payment for tee-shirts.
- Even if you do not want an Amherstopoly game, or may already have one, please consider making a donation towards the tee-shirts. We need to raise $800 more such that we can give (for free) one to every student .
So please make as large of a donation at the picnic as you can. $5, $10, $20 or more...such that every child leaves Mark's Meadow tomorrow with a shirt. The Tee-shirts are made form a student design contest. We have two lovely designs that won. One from the upper grade and one from the lower grade. They are commemorative tee-shirts that you and your children will cherish for a long time. The cost to make these T-Shirts is about $10 each and we are giving them to the kids. Do what you can to help.
A VERY Special Thanks goes out to Alyssa Melnick and Stefan and Sarah Petrucha, Catherine Stryker and many more listed in the yearbook, AND some of our amazing 6th graders, who spent an enormous amount of time on our very terrific YEARBOOK. Many of you may not know this but Alyssa ran an after school yearbook club, where-in the sixth graders helped collect images, put together designs, sold "shout out" space and raised enough money to cover the cost of the production such that they can "GIVE" every student a yearbook. This is what I call is community in action. When you see these folks at the picnic give them a thanks!.
SEE YOU THERE!
Best, Tracy Hightower
From the PGG Officers we thank you for a wonderful year.
Meg, Prentiss, Adrain and the rest of the PGG Gang